As 2022 drew to a close, we reflected on yet another challenging year with its various ups and downs, but we agree it was been a slightly more stable year than the previous two…just.
A big thank you to our suppliers, contractors, teams, and supporters for a successful year and one in which we celebrated 10 years of Pro Steel Engineering. If you didn’t get the chance to work with us yet, here are our 10 (self-publicising) reasons why you should:
- We deliver some of the biggest projects across Wales and the UK. Over the past 10 years we have been instrumental with clients including the Olympic Park, Birmingham New Street station and Hammersmith Flyover to name a few
- We also deliver bespoke projects including one of our most famous pieces of work, the Welsh dragon on the side of the M4 in Newport. It took over eight months to create and approximately 22 tonnes of steel plate and section. We had a range of employees working on the project, fabricators, welders, painters and erectors. We even had apprentices and trainees involved during every step of the process including design , manufacturing and installation.
- Our commitment made at the start of the year to significantly reduce our carbon emissions is going in a positive direction. To date, we have reduced our CO2 by 37 tonnes, which works out at 56% of the total produced. We’ve got a clear roadmap for making even more positive strides on this next year too.
Photo by Matthias Heyde on Unsplash
- We’re growing as a team. We’re always on the lookout for some bright talents to add even more value to our highly experienced and inclusive team. We’ll be shouting about it soon but a big welcome to 19 new recruits over the last 12 months.
- We are an extension of your team and work to your deadlines. Being considered as part of a wider team is how we work best, and how you get the best out of us. Being involved in the bigger picture conversations allows us to spot any challenges or flag up further opportunities from each piece of work.
- Once agreed, we work to budgets. As simple as that sounds, we understand the value of every pound during these challenging times. We’ll also be honest with you at the outset if the budget allocated won’t cover what you need, and we’ll work with you to determine how best to progress.
- We can provide turnkey services, so you can have a product designed and built, delivered to you, and ready to operate yourself.
- We’ve added considerably to our sector experience, so as well as covering sport, transport, rail, and aviation as examples, we do also work across the power sector too.
- In the last year alone, here are some examples of work you might not know we worked on: Principality Stadium, Sophia Gardens, Celtic Manor, Wireworks Bridge in Tintern (famous in the TV series ‘Sex Education’) and the M4 River Ebbw Bridge Strengthening. We’ve also manufactured products for use less than a mile away and as far as 6,000 miles away.
Tintern Wireworks Bridge
- We’ve always liked building relationships and we continue to do so. We’re a friendly team and always perceive our teams as people, and not numbers. We also work hard to mentor and inspire the next generation by working with trainees from the local area, and linking with organisations like Coleg Gwent to upskill some of their students.
- We have done A LOT of work lately replacing or creating new rail footbridges across the UK. The work is very similar in nature, and so begs the question how many more of the bridges we will work on in 2023.
Ok we included 11 reasons as we couldn’t pick which one to delete, but on behalf of the team, thank you for 2022 and we look forward to a successful 2023 working with you.
Photo by Kevin Butz on Unsplash
Richard Selby, Director and Co-founder, Pro Steel Engineering